Bringing your own bike, but need a hand getting to and from the trail, or your bags taken ahead?
We run a daily shuttle service, picking people (and bikes) up from their doorstep in the morning and dropping them to various start points along the trail, then picking people up at the end of the day and taking them back home. Please see below for pricing and schedules. Note bookings are essential (and we require at least two people booked to operate), so please book in advance below or give us a call!
We can also sometimes tailor shuttle timing for group bookings with different itineraries - please get in touch to discuss.
Note all products and services are subject to our terms and conditions
Morning Shuttles - depart Wellington 8.30am
- Wellington to Petone/Seaview/Days Bay (start of Hutt River Trail) $30
- Wellington to Maymorn/Kaitoke (start of Rimutaka Incline Trail) $70
- Wellington to Cross Creek/Ocean Beach $110
Afternoon Shuttles - departure times below
- Ocean Beach to Wellington 2.00pm $110
- Cross Creek (end of Rimutaka Incline) to Wellington 2.30pm $110
- Kaitoke/Maymorn (end of Hutt River Trail) to Wellington 3.00pm $70
- Orongorongo (end of Wild Coast Trail) to Wellington 4.45pm $70
- Days Bay/Seaview/Petone to Wellington 5.30pm $30
Examples: Wellington to Maymorn (with bike hire) $55, Days Bay to Ocean Beach $80, Orongorongo to Petone $40, Orongorongo to Wellington (with bike hire) $55 (without bike hire) $70
Baggage Transfers - from $15 per person
$15 per person, per bag transfer (with bike hire, $25 per person otherwise). We can pick up and drop bags anywhere along the trail, and from accommodation providers close by. Additional charges may apply for large amounts of baggage, and we need at least two shuttle passengers booked in each day to operate (if no other bookings you're welcome to pay the shuttle rates to get baggage transferred). Accommodation we support includes (but is not limited to!):
- The Lake Ferry Hotel
- The Woolshed
- Wairongomai Homestead